The Award-winning presenter of BBC East Midlands Today, Anne Davies, was made an Honorary Doctor of Letters via a ceremony at De Montfort University on 18 July 2018.
The veteran journalist had a lot of experience to share with the dozens of young journalism students who are on the verge of making a name for themselves in media. Her astounding success is quite truly an inspiration to many newcomers.
Anne Davies' BBC Career:
After developing an immense interest in the media field, Anne first worked behind the scenes on BBC network’s Current Affairs programs, Question Time, Panorama, and The Money Programme. Her career revolved around the British BBC correspondent, Christian Fraser.
Subsequently, she moved to BBC Radio Leicester and BBC Radio Derby.
Davies`s next stop was ITV News as she became the regular newsreader for Central News East based in Nottingham. Besides, she produced and presented fashion shows for the ITV network entitled Off The Peg in 1993. Julie Etchingham, Robert Peston, and Geraint Vincent are some journalists who achieved a commanding feat for their stints on ITV News.
You May Also Like: Veronica De La Cruz Husband, Boyfriend, Married, Ethnicity, Bio, Height
Is Anne Married?
Like most media celebrities, BBC reporter Anne Davies prefers keeping her relationship life confined to herself.
Nevertheless, it has come to the limelight that Anne is married.
Digging at her social media accounts, it is evident that Anne has a partner. However, she has not revealed her husband`s details with whom she is embracing a remarkable journey.
She frequently posts tweets related to her children: hinting that she is a mother of two. As of her tweet published on 20 October 2011, Anne indicated that she enjoyed a long-distance relationship with her partner and son. Her actual words were,
“If you were to have a husband in another country and a son in another country, then to have Skype in your kitchen is a perfect thing.”
Meanwhile, the BBC correspondent Jonathan Agnew mentioned that he was heading to celebrate Anne Davies’ 10th wedding anniversary via his Twitter. The post was somewhat evidence that Anne shares a marriage voyage with her husband.
Anne Davies flaunts a smile with her media colleague on 18 March 2013 (Photo: Anne Davies' Twitter )
Anne Davies' Net Worth?
It is evident that as a BBC journalist, Anne Davies amasses a substantial net worth. Reportedly, her network’s salary ranges between $42K to $46K. However, the sum could vary when additional bonuses come to play.
Don't Miss: Libby Casey Wiki, Age, Married, Wedding, Husband, Family
Anne Davies’ Bio:
Anne Christina Davies, better known as Anne Davies, was born on 22 March 1958 in Sutton, Surrey. She holds British nationality and belongs to white ethnicity.
Growing up in South East England County, Anne attended St Philomena’s Catholic High School for Girls in Carshalton. Later on, she went to Notre Dame School in Cobham, followed by Guildford High School for Girls. After her A-Levels, Davies joined the University College of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Fun Facts About Anne Davies
- In her spare time, Anne Davies walks the dogs. She has the passion for cooking, and always intends to take upcycling.
- Anne Davis is also the patron of Macmillian Cancer Support for Leicestershire and Rutland and has, with her own committee, raised thousands of pounds for the charity.
- During her television career, Anne covered everything from the AIDS pandemic in Botswana to New York Fashion Week in the Big Apple. She even interviewed everyone from the Lord Chancellor to Cynthia Payne.
- Anne hosted the BBC East Midlands Sports Awards and helped the program win a Royal Television Society Award with her coverage of the Madeleine McCann story.
- In 1999 and 1991, Anne appeared at the Drury Lane Theatre in two special celebrity pantomimes for the Duchess of York's charity.
- Anne is the voice of the onboard bus announcements for Trent Barton’s Indigo service.