Lisa Desjardins is widely recognized as the correspondent and political director at PBS NewsHour. She was previously the senior correspondent for CNN and the recipient of a Peabody Award for CNN’s coverage of the 2008 election.
Besides that, Lisa’s personal life is as successful as her professional life. She is a happily married woman and a mother of her a kid. It has been ten years since their marriage, but still, they are going strong.
Lisa Desjardins’ Bio: Career, Net Worth
Though her birth year is not mentioned in media, it has come to the limelight that Lisa celebrates her birthday on 30th January. She probably ages in the thirties or forties.
The PBS NewsHour correspondent was born as Lisa Goddard to parents Thomas Bohner Goddard and Patricia Flanagan and belongs to white ethnicity.
Her father passed away on 28 June 2017 at Stafford Hospital, Stafford, Virginia at the age of 85. She shares a lovely bond with her mother and often used to go with her mother to the call center.
Lisa earned her Bachelor of Science and Economics degree from The College of William and Mary which lasted from 1990 to 1994. Later Lisa did one-year ‘Aspirant’ or a first level Russian graduate degree in Russian Studies from the Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia.
Finally, she obtained Master of Science and Journalism degree from Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University.
Lisa joined NewsHour in 2014 as the political reporter and editor alongside Megan Thompson and regularly reports on broadcast and online both in-studio and from the U.S. Capitol. The 2016 election was her fifth time reporting on a Presidential campaign.
Before joining NewsHour, Lisa spent nearly ten years with CNN alongside Arwa Damon and early in her career at WIS-TV in South Carolina. She is also the recipient of a Society of Professional Journalists’ Sigma Delta Chi award for national breaking news for coverage of the Haiti earthquake.
After working for more than ten years with CNN, the CNN fired many of their employees including Lisa due to a restructuring of the company.
Lisa Desjardins Blissful Married Life With Husband
Lisa Desjardins is married to her husband, Jason Desjardins on 6 October 2007. Lisa has not been blessed with children but is blessed with an adorable son named Maximo Maurice, who was born on 4 March 2016.
Recently on 6 October 2007, the couple celebrated their 10th anniversary and her husband Jason uploaded the pictures of two of them through Facebook and captioned, the day his wife and he celebrated their 10th anniversary.
Lisa Desjardins and Jason Desjardins in the picture on 6 October 2017 (Photo: Jason Desjardins's Facebook)
The same day, Lisa also took to Twitter and wrote that she felt very lucky to marry his husband ten years ago and also felt a bit giddy in love. Similarly, back on 4 September 2017, Lisa uploaded the picture of the family of three enjoying their vacation in Edinburgh, the United Kingdom via Facebook.
Some More Fun Facts of Lisa Desjardins
- As of 2018, Lisa has reported on five U.S. presidential elections.
- Lisa’s father worked in the Navy and later as a college teacher. She has three siblings and seven half-siblings on her father's side.
- When CNN Radio was shut down in June 2013, Lisa was transferred to CNN's Washington Bureau, where she worked as a Capitol Hill reporter
- During her time at CNN, Lisa wrote a personal finance book together with Rick Emerson called Zombie Economics: A Guide to Personal Finance. It was published in May 2011 by Avery Publishing
- Lisa was known as the funny girls and a prankster and was labeled the lovable class clown in her yearbook.
- Lisa left the CNN in August 2014. On her last day with CNN, she shot a humorous video and positioned it as a news investigation that was posted to YouTube, which has been viewed over 300,000 times.