Alexandra Wilson is an American weather broadcaster who has been leading her career as the on-camera meteorologist and co-host of the show Weather Underground for The Weather Channel.
She has long working experience in the field of meteorology as even prior to joining The Weather Channel, she had worked as the morning meteorologist at WHNS-TV/FOX Carolina in Greenville and did the same work at WOWK-TV and WVNS-TV in Huntington.
Besides her career, she enjoys playing with her dogs, exploring new foods & traveling, maintaining fitness, as well as loves pop culture.
Bio & Height
Alexandra Wilson, who appears fair and has blonde hair, stands at the height of around 5 feet 8 inches (1.72 meters).
She was born on 10th November 1983 in Macungie, Pennsylvania.
While chasing her dream of becoming a meteorologist, she reached at the Penn State University, where she graduated with a degree in Meteorology.
She also has an additional degree in Broadcast Journalism and Marketing from Syracuse University.
Adding to that, she was valued as one of the top seniors in the Whitman School of Management, and along with that, she also received the Chauncey D. Holmes Award for her excellence in Geology while studying at Syracuse University.
Her Husband, Married Details
Popular meteorologist Alexandra Wilson got married to Eric Zerkel, writer by profession, on 15th April 2018.
The couple shared their wedding vows at The Foundry at Puritan Mill in the presence of close friends and family, after dating as boyfriend and girlfriend for some quality time.
You May Also Like: Allison Chinchar Height, Age, Wiki, Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband
This year, on 26th April, Alexandra shared the throwback picture from the celebration of her first marriage anniversary at Wharekauhau Luxury Lodge with her husband posing with her.
Alexandra Wilson enjoys her anniversary night with husband Eric Zerkel on 26 April 2019 (Photo: Alexandra Wilson's Instagram)
As of now, Alexandra is enjoying the parade of blissful family life with her husband and their three dogs, whom they call as part of their family.
7 Quick Facts About Alexandra Wilson
- Alexandra holds the Certified Broadcast Meteorologist designation from the American Meteorological Society.
- On 16 March 2017, she posted a picture with her mother saying that she had brought her homemade chicken noodle soup.
- She attended the Southeast Emmy awards in June 2017.
- She has been followed by over 18K people on her Instagram account.
- She received the Joel N. and Peggy Myers Scholarship in Meteorology, AMS John R. Hope Endowed Scholarship in Atmospheric Science, and the John and Elizabeth Holmes Teas Scholarship while studying at the Penn State University.
- She shared that she got engaged on 17 November 2016 through Twitter.
- Her husband, Eric Zerkel, works for the same organization as she does, where he is a managing editor of weather.com site and is responsible for all the published content on the site.