Sierra Romero is a professional American softball player who has been playing for USSSA Pride in the National Pro Fastpitch since 2016. She is also a defensive coach for the Oregon Ducks softball team currently.
In the past, she played for both the USA’s Women Junior National Team and the USA’s Women National Team. Besides that, she is the two-time winner of Big Ten Conference Player of the Year at the University of Michigan.
Bio: Age, Education
Sierra Romero stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 meters). Her birth sign is Pieces.
She was born on 19 March 1994 in Murrieta, California. She went to the Vista Murrieta High School in Murrieta, California, for her high schooling. Later, she completed her Bachelor’s Degree in General Studies, with a focus in English and Sociology, from the University of Michigan—she studied there from 2012 to 2016.
Sierra Romero’s parents are Michael Romero and Melissa Romero. Her father, Michael, used to play baseball for San Diego State. She also has three siblings in her family: two sisters, Sydney Romero and Sophia Joy Romero, and a brother Mikey Romero. Both her sisters play softball while her brother also plays baseball.
Interesting: Karla Crome Bio: From Age, Ethnicity, Movies To TV Shows
Sierra and her sister Sydney played alongside one another for Team USA Softball in 2015.
Sexuality, Dating Status Now
Sierra Romero, the softball champion, is openly lesbian and is currently dating Alex Powers.
Sierra Romero (left) and her girlfriend, Alex Powers on 15 August 2019 (Photo: Sierra Romero's Instagram)
Her girlfriend, Alex, is also a softball player—both of them play for the USSSA Pride team. Additionally, Alex studied at Florida State University, where she was the winner of ACC Player of the Year in 2016 and Senior Class Award Winner in 2017.
Softball player Sierra Romero is a silver medalist of ISF Junior Women's World Championship. Likewise, she has also been recognized twice as the Big 10 Player of the Year in the 2013-14 season and 2016 season.
Recommended: Chandler Powell [Bindi Irwin's Fiance] Wiki, Wedding, Job, Net Worth
On top of that, she won the ESPN Softball Player of the Year in 2015. And, in 2016, she became the winner of Honda Sport Award for softball and the USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year.
Interesting Facts About Sierra Romero
- Sierra enjoys a fan following of over 100K on her Instagram handle.
- Her college’s softball career batting average is 0.441, on-base percentage is 0.584, slugging average is 1.074, and OPS is 1.659.
- The USSSA Pride team picked her with her being the second pick in 2016’s National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) draft.
- Her girlfriend, Alex Powers, was born on 6th June 1994.
- During her high school, she was ranked as the third-best prospect in the country by ESPN.
- She has played softball for Team USA along with another player Jennie Finch, a pitcher specialist.
- On her Instagram post on 15 August 2019, Sierra has mentioned her partner Alex Powers as "wifey."