English actress Karla Crome is popular for her role as Jess in the TV series Misfits (2012-2013). Along with that, she is also appreciated for her role in other notable TV shows like Hit & Miss (2012), Lightfields (2013), Under the Dome (2014), and The Level (2016).
Besides TV shows, her work in movies is also very appreciatable—she has acted in films like Vita & Virginia (2018) and Dog Endz (2009). Moreover, Karla’s recent acting work was in 2019—she acted as Tourmaline Larou in the TV series Carnival Row and as Rebecca Myers in the TV series The Victim. Likewise, she also worked in two short films: Hayley Alien and Nobody's Darling.
Bio: Age, Education
Karla Crome was born on 22nd June 1988 in London, England. She attained a Bachelor Of Arts honors degree in acting from the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in Clapham, London.
The talented actress, Karla Crome, manages a slim body structure with a height of 5 feet 3½ inches (1.61 meters) and weighs 54 kg (119 lbs). She has an oval-shaped face, and dark brown colored eyes and hair.
Karla Crome embraces a mixed ethnicity of White and Black—her parents come from Irish and African-Jamaican ancestry. Additionally, her father, Nicholas Crome, identifies himself as White British while her mother is from Jamaica; hence she embraces Black ethnicity.
Karla also has a sister named Sophia Lee Crome in her family.
Role In TV Series Misfits
Amongst many acting projects that Karla Crome has been associated with, the TV series Misfits, first released in 2009, is one of the finest acting projects for Karla.
A still image of Karla Crome as Jess from the series Misfits (Photo: alchetron.com)
The series, Misfits, is of comedy, drama, and fantasy genre that shows the story of a group of young offenders doing social service. One day, they get struck by lightning during a storm, which helps them develop superpowers. The show has been rated 8.2 out of 10 in the IMDb.
Another Talented Actress: Michelle Forbes Married Status, Lesbian, Movies, Net Worth
Moreover, Karla joined the show in 2012, playing the character of Jess, who has the power of X-ray vision. She has appeared in a total of 16 episodes.
7 Quick Facts About Karla Crome
- Karla’s debut TV show appearance was as Chloe Parker in BBC One’s Casualty in 2010.
- She wrote the script of episode 5 of season 1 for the British drama series Hooten and The Lady (2016-2017).
- She is represented by talent agencies named Troika Talent Agency and Thruline Entertainment Inc.
- She wanted to be a police officer if she had not chosen acting.
- In 2012, she starred in the BBC 2’s show Murder—the show has won the BAFTA Award.
- She was named the “UK Stars of Tomorrow” by Screen International in 2012.
- Her favorite TV show is Utopia that first released in 2013.