Marianne Williamson is a bestselling author, spiritual thought leader, and political activist. She has written 14 books so far: four of which have been ranked as number one in the New York Times bestsellers list. Her published works include A Return to Love (1992), A Woman's Worth (1993), The Gift of Change (2004), and Tears to Triumph (2016).
Besides that, she also manages a non-profit organization named Project Angel Food that she founded in 1989 intending to deliver meals to ill and dying homebound patients. The organization also helps people suffering from the ravages of HIV/AIDS.
Bio: Age, Education
Marianne Williamson was born on July 8, 1952, in Houston, Texas, United States. She graduated her high school from Houston ISD's Bellaire High School.
Later, she studied theater and philosophy for two years at Pomona College in Claremont, California.
Net Worth Details
According to Open Secrets, Marianne Williamson's net worth ranges from $783,031 to $2.126 million, as of 2019. The majority of her wealth comes from her LLC business income, many speaking fees, affiliate commissions, and royalties from books.
Besides that, she also has many stocks, including Alphabet, Illumina, Nestle, Apple, Home Depot, UPS, Mastercard, and more.
Marianne Williamson's Books
The list of books that Marianne Williamson has published so far are—
- A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles (1992)
- A Woman's Worth (1993)
- Illuminata (1993)
- Healing the Soul of America: Reclaiming Our Voices as Spiritual Citizens (1997)
- Everyday Grace: Having Hope, Finding Forgiveness and Making Miracles (2002)
- The Gift of Change: Further Reflections on a Course in Miracles (2004)
- The Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife (2007)
- A Course in Weight Loss: 21 Spiritual Lessons for Surrendering Your Weight Forever (2010)
- A Year of Miracles: Daily Devotions and Reflections (2011)
- The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles (2012)
- Tears to Triumph: The Spiritual Journey from Suffering to Enlightenment (2016)
- A Politics of Love: A Handbook for a New American Revolution (2019)
Marianne Williamson's Presidential Campaign
Marianne Williamson announced her presidential campaign of 2020 on January 28, 2019, after the initial formation of an exploratory committee on November 15, 2018.
This, however, was her second political campaign, after previously running as an independent to represent California's 33rd congressional district in 2014.
Marianne Williamson calls off her presidential campaign on January 10, 2020 (Photo: api.time.com)
Later, on January 10, 2020, she announced that she was ending her presidential campaign and pledged to support the eventual Democratic nominee.
World's Youngest Prime Minister: Who Is Sanna Marin? Meet The World's Youngest Prime Minister
But, in contrast to her words, she announced her endorsement for Bernie Sanders at a February 23 rally in Austin, Texas.
- Marianne Williamson is the founder of The Peace Alliance, a campaign supporting the creation of a US Department of Peace.
- She is a single parent of a daughter named India Emmaline.
- She has over 499 thousand followers on her Instagram account that goes by the username @mariannewilliamson.