British-Canadian celebrity chef Michael Bonacini is the co-founder of one of Canada’s leading restaurant and event groups, Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality. Other than that, he also owns over eleven total restaurants, including Canoe, Luma, and Bannock.
He, eventually, gained popularity after being featured as the host of cooking-related reality television shows like Bonacini's Italy (2018), and MasterChef Canada (2014-2019). He also became a resident chef for The Marilyn Denis Show.
Michael Bonacini’s Married Life, Wife
MasterChef Canada’s judge/host, Michael Bonacini, is a married man, and his wife is Valerie Bonacini.
Michael Bonacini with his wife Valerie Bonacini on 13 August 2019 (Photo: Michael Bonacini's Instagram)
Together, they are parents of one grown-up son, who goes by the name Oscar Bonacini. Like his father, Oscar is also chasing his career as a professional chef.
The British-Canadian chef, Michael Bonacini, was raised by his North Italian father and Welsh mother. His family owned a hotel business in London, where he built an interest in cooking and also learned the ins and outs of the hospitality industry.
Interesting: American Pickers Frank Fritz Net Worth, Dating Status & Tattoos
Hence, his interest in hospitality and culinary led him to train at London’s Dorchester Hotel under Chef Anton Mosimann.
Michael Bonacini was born on 1st March 1960 in Tenby, Wales, England. His birth sign is Pisces. The British-Canadian chef is of Italian descent.
After completing his culinary training in 1985, Michael Bonacini immigrated to Canada to grow his career.
Initially, he worked as a chef at high-end restaurants before partnering with veteran restaurateur Peter Oliver in 1993. They first founded a New York-style bistro/restaurant named Jump in the Financial District of Canada. Later, they again collaborated to establish Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality.
Net Worth Details: Brian L Roberts Net Worth In 2020, How Wealthy Is The CEO Of Comcast?
Currently, Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality is located in various places in Canada, including Toronto, Montreal, Saskatoon, Calgary, and Edmonton.
8 Interesting Facts About Michael Bonacini
- Michael Bonacini published a cookbook titled “3 Chefs: The Kitchen Men” in 2010. The book was co-written by Massimo Capra, Jason Parsons, and Lucy Waverman.
- He runs the culinary program and also looks after design and construction on all new projects at Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality.
- He was awarded the Ontario Hostelry Institute’s first-ever Gold Award for his significant contribution to culinary excellence in Ontario in 1996.
- He has shared the screen alongside chef Claudio Aprile on MasterChef Canada.
- His O&B's diverse hospitality service includes a collection of unique and innovative restaurants, a bakery, event spaces, and several strategic partnerships.
- According to him, one can have weight loss or stay physically fit just by eating healthily and exercising a little more.
- He is also known for his quote—that being, “As I always say, food is an important part of any diet.”
- He enjoys a decent social media following with over 14 thousand followers on both of his Instagram and Twitter handles.