Kirk Herbstreit is an American sports analyst and sports commentator. Currently, he serves as the co-host for the College GameDay broadcast on ESPN. Along with that, he also works as a summarizer (also known as analyst worldwide) for the ESPN and ABC.
Previously, he served as a sports commentator for the American football video game series, EA Sports' NCAA Football.
Before becoming a sports commentator, he was a regular football quarterback for the Ohio State football team who played a vital role during his senior seasons, winning one Ohio Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior.
Kirk Herbstreit's Family: Wife And Kids Details
Kirk Herbstreit has been married to his college sweetheart, Alison Butler, since 13 June 1998.
His love story with Alison started when he met her at Ohio State University. There, he was a star quarterback for his university team, whereas she was an Ohio State cheerleader.
Family Details Of: How Old Is NBC4's Lauryn Ricketts? Wiki: Facts On Married Life
As of now, the former quarterback-cheerleader duo is parents of four sons: identical twins Jake Herbstreit and Tye Herbstreit, Zak Herbstreit, and Chase Herbstreit. The pair's identical twins, Tye and Jake, were born on 16 June 2000. Likewise, Zak was born on 12 September 2003, and Chase was born in August 2006.
Kirk Herbstreit with his twin sons Jake and Tye in 2019 (Photo: theathletic.com)
Jake and Tye were pursuing their career as football players and arrived for their freshman seasons at Clemson in the summer of 2019.
Now, Kirk lives together with his family lives in Franklin, Tennessee.
Kirk's Bio: Age, Education
Kirk Herbstreit was born on 19 August 1969 in Centerville, Ohio, USA, as Kirk Edward Herbstreit. His birth sign is Leo and goes by the nickname, Herbie.
Interesting: Phil Simms' Son Matt Simms Interesting Facts: Education, Salary & More
He attended Centerville High School in Centerville, Ohio. After completing high school, he joined Ohio State University and graduated with a degree in Business Administration in the year 1993. He also played football for both his high school and University.
Kirk Herbstreit has amassed a net worth of $4 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
Five Quick Facts About Kirk Herbstreit
- Kirk Herbstreit is the son of late Jim Herbstreit, the former co-captain of the 1960 Ohio State team.
- He started hosting a weekly college football radio show on 97.1 The Fan in Columbus in 2010.
- As a quarterback for the Ohio State University football team, he also led the team in 1992 playing alongside Greg Frey and Kent Graham. He was also voted as the Most Valuable Player (MVP) in the 1992 season.
- He is a contributor to ESPN.com and ESPN's magazine "ESPN The Magazine."
- He was nominated for a 1997 Sports Emmy Award as television's top studio analyst when he was affiliated with ABC Sports. That time, he served as an analyst for ABC Sports' college football primetime series alongside Chris Fowler.