Janelle Wang is an American television journalist who is currently associated with NBC Bay Area as the weeknight anchor at 5 pm and the political reporter at 6 pm.
Her association with NBC Bay Area has been very fruitful for her career as she has won 3 Emmy awards for her coverage of the Valley Fire in Middletown, the Ghost Ship warehouse fire in Oakland, and the North Bay Fires in Wine Country, since she joined the network in July 2011.
However, it is also her experience that makes her worthy of all the honors she has received over her career, and the credits of her experience go to her eight years long service for KGO-TV ABC7 in San Francisco, before working with NBC.
Her Bio: Age & Education
Janelle Wang, who is over 40 years of age, celebrates her birthday on 26th September every year.
Read About: Regé-Jean Page Age, Married, Wife, Parents, Height, Bio
When it comes to her education, Janelle studied at the University of California in San Diego for her higher education. She completed her graduation in the field of Mass Communication/Media Studies and Economics.
Janelle Wang’s Family
News reporter Janelle Wang’s family life revolves around her parents and sister.
Through her social media, her followers have seen her spending time with her mother and posting wishes for her father and sister.
Her Married Life, Husband
While talking about Janelle Wang’s personal life, she has been married to Matt Nelson, a San Francisco attorney.
The two started their relationship first as boyfriend and girlfriend even from before 2007, and after dating for quality time, they tied knots and went to their honeymoon in December 2009.
Janelle Wang is blessed with a two-year-old daughter whom she welcomed in March 2016.
Janelle Wang shares a picture with her beautiful daughter on 14 November 2019 (Photo: Janelle Wang's Instagram)
Moreover, after her marriage with her husband, Matt Nelson, Janelle got pregnant in mid-2015 but kept the news wrapped up.
It was on 21st January 2016, when NBC Bay Area broke the news and revealed that she is almost eight months pregnant.
Interesting To Read: Marcus Scribner Wiki, Gay, Girlfriend
Now, Janelle usually gives her time for her baby girl and also updates her baby’s updates through her Instagram account.
Interesting Facts About Janelle Wang
- Janelle has covered the Winter Olympics of 2014 which was held in Sochi, Russia.
- She had hosted the show "The View from the Bay" while working for ABC7 for four years where she invited and spoke with guests like Oprah Winfrey, Presidents Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
- She has received Edward R. Murrow Award for Continuing Coverage.
- She has appeared on various national television networks, including ABC News, NBC Nightly News, and CNN.
- In August 2009, Janelle appeared as a guest co-host with Regis Philbin on "Live with Regis and Kelly" when the regular host Kelly Ripa was on vacation.