American soccer player Kealia Ohai is one of the most successful women soccer players around the globe. She plays for the United States women's national soccer team and Chicago Red Stars of the National Women's Soccer League.
On 23rd October 2016, she made her international debut for the United States Women's National Team during a friendly match against Switzerland.
Kealia Ohai Ties Knot With J.J. Watt
The long wait for Kealia Ohai's followers has finally come to an end! The pro soccer player, Kealia Ohai, is now married to her long time boyfriend J.J. Watt, the Houston Texans defensive end.
She and J.J. Watt, tied the knot, a day after Valentine’s day, on 15th February 2020 in the Bahamas. The destination wedding was star-studded and saw guests like North Carolina Courage and USWNT star Crystal Dunn.
Celebrity Personal Life: Candace Bailey Married Status, Husband, Bio, Net Worth, Now & More
In the wedding ceremony, the bridegroom J.J. wore an all-white suit piece, whereas the beautiful bride was dressed in a jewel-encrusted spaghetti strap piece, which highlighted a fully beaded and intricately embroidered bodice.
Kealia Ohai shares a picture with J.J. Watt on 15 February 2020 (Photo: Kealia Ohai's Instagram)
Kealia and her now-husband NFL star J.J. Watt first met through Kealia’s brother-in-law Brian Cushing, who happens to be J.J.'s teammate of Houston Texans. They dated secretly for a while before going public in early 2017 as girlfriend and boyfriend, followed by their engagement in May 2019.
Kealia Ohai’s Bio: Age, Measurements
Kealia Ohai was born on 31st January 1992 in Draper, Utah, United States. She holds an American passport and possesses a white ethnic background, both by-birth.
She weighs about 57 kg (126 lbs) and possesses a height of 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 meters). Also, she has blonde hair color and blue eye color.
Family Details & More
Kealia Ohai is the daughter of Ben Ohai (father) and Cindy Ohai (mother). Her father is originally a Hawaiian. She also has a sister named Megan, who is a former soccer player.
Kealia graduated from the Alta High School, located in Utah in June 2010. Later, she went to the University of North Carolina for further studies.
Six Quick Facts About Kealia Ohai
- She was traded from the Houston Dash to the Chicago Red Stars in the National Women's Soccer League in exchange for defender Katie Naughton in the 2020 NWSL College Draft.
- She played for the Houston Dash in the National Women's Soccer League from 2014 to 2019. She was the team’s captain from the mid of 2016.
- As a youth, Ohai played club soccer for the Utah Avalanche and she won four state titles with the team.
- Her husband J.J. Watt is the recipient of the Defense Player of the Year award in the years in 2012, 2014 and 2015.
- She has amassed over 320K followers on Instagram and over 61 thousand followers on Twitter.