Gennaro Contaldo is one of the wealthiest celebrity chef, well known for his Italian Cuisines. He is a restaurateur and television personality who mentored Jamie Oliver, the famous British celebrity chef, and restaurateur.
Gennaro is admired for a variety of his cookbooks and restaurants all over the globe. The Italian legend appears on many TV shows and FoodTube Channels and manages both his personal and professional life together. He shares a warm relation with his twin daughters.
Is Chef Gennaro Married?
Gennaro aged 69, is a person who has an honest life. He was brought up in Italy on the Amalfi coast, where he would hunt with his father and grandfather and collect herbs for his mother. After he migrated to London, he got married and was blessed with three children.
The marriage resulted in a divorce. However, his wife's name and the reasons behind the divorce is still a mystery. Contaldo soon married to his second partner and had two twin daughters. He is entirely private about his family but shares a cordial relationship with his daughters at the same time.
Gennaro's twin daughter collecting wild mushrooms and chestnuts on 28 October 2017 (Photo: Gennaro's Instagram)
He also shares a friendly and professional environment with his sixth child, Jamie Oliver, who is also his business partner. He and Antonio Carluccio (his chef-partner) together develop menus, train chef, and runs TV shows Together on the Food Network and BBC1.
Gennaro Contaldo's Bio Plus Career
Gennaro was born in Minori, Campania, Italy in January 1949. The love and interest for Italian cooking were from the days since he was a child. At the age of eight, Contaldo joined a local restaurant and flew to London in 1969 and soon became the legend of Italian cuisine for which he was nominated The best chef of U.K.
In 1999, Gennaro opened his first restaurant Passione in the Charlotte Street, of London. In 2003, he was also awarded the Best Cuisine of the year for his cookbook Passione at the World Gourmand Cookbook Awards and shortlisted for the Andre Simon Awards. He soon started his television show Called “The Two Greedy Italians” with the fellowship of chef Antonio Carluccio for BBC.
Gennaro also appeared on the TV shows of Jamie Oliver, whom he first mentored at Neal Street Restaurant in the 1990s. Since then these chefs share a healthy friendship and professional relationship.
Contaldo had appeared on many of Oliver’s Tv shows like “the Naked “ IronChef America’ along with the FoodTube channel. Oliver and Contaldo also established a Guinness world record for chopping most chilies in thirty seconds for their new Food channel.
Gennaro Contaldo is recognized as the best chefs of U.K and has an enormous respect and fan followings for his Italian Cuisines. So, the bubbly 69-year-old chef has earned a vast sum of respect and capital in his lifetime. He possesses a net worth of $10million.
Quick Facts About Gennaro Contaldo
- On BBC1's Saturday morning show, Saturday Kitchen, Gennaro set a record of 16.36s for making a three egg omelet.
- In addition to that, in 2014, Gennaro was also awarded a Guinness World Record for the most ravioli made in two mins.
- Gennaro also published his first cookbook, Passione, which is dedicated to the Amalfitan style of cooking in April 2003. The cookbook won 'Gourmand World Cookbook - Best Italian Cuisine Book' for 2003.
- Gennaro’s second book, Gennaro's Italian Year, was published in September 2006. His third book, Gennaro's Italian Home Cooking, was published in September 2008, and his fourth, Gennaro's Easy Italian, was published in March 2010. His most recent book, "Panetteria: Gennaro's Italian Bakery," was published in September 2016.
- Gennaro was the inspiration for Jamie Oliver to name his first book 'The Naked Chef.'
- Since 2010, Gennaro started uploading his recipes’ regularly on his YouTube channel. As of 24 November 2017, Gennaro's channel has received 19,725,518 views, and has 375,140 subscribers.