Award-winning actress Golshifteh Farahani is an internationally recognized film personality. She made her film debut at the age of 14 when she acted in the movie The Pear Tree (1998). For her debut film, she even won the Best Actress award from the international section of the Fajr film festival.
Since then, she has appeared in more than 40 movies—a few of her notable movie credits are Haft Parde (2000), Bab'Aziz: The Prince That Contemplated His Soul (2005), Body of Lies (2008), The Patience Stone (2012), Paterson (2016), Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (2017), Girls of the Sun (2018), and Arab Blues (2019).
The current married/relationship status of Golshifteh Farahani is not known—she has not spoken much about her personal life lately. However, in the past, she was married twice—her first husband was Amin Mahdavi, and the second husband was Christos Dorje Walker.
Moreover, Golshifteh was in a dating relationship with Louis Garrel from 2012 to 2014.
Golshifteh Farahani first got married in 2003 with French-born film director and producer Amin Mahdavi. However, by the completion of her 10th wedding year, in 2013, she got separated from Amin.
Golshifteh Farahani with her ex-husband Amin Mahdavi in 2005 (Photo: Pinterest)
After separating from her first husband, Golshifteh married Christos Dorje Walker, an Australian native, in 2015. But her marriage with him too could not stay for long—she got divorce with Christos after two years of the wedding in 2017.
Bio: Age, Family
Golshifteh Farahani was born on 10 July 1983 in Tehran, Iran, as Rahavard Farahani. Her father, Behzad Farahani, is an Iranian theatre director as well as an actor. Likewise, her mother, Fahimeh Rahimnia, is also an actress. Likewise, she has two siblings—her sister's name is Shaghayegh Farahani and her brother's name is Azarakhsh Farahani. Her sister is an actress, too.
Another Talented Actress: Mimi Ndiweni Wiki: Age & Parents Details Of The Witchers' Actress
Golshifteh studied at the music school during her childhood. Later, she graduated from the Azad University of Iran.
The talented actress, who held Iranian nationality by-born, was de trop by her native country when she appeared naked in the French magazine named Madame Figaro—her countrey's people did not appreciate her artistic values. After that, she moved to Paris, France and started living there. Now, she holds French citizenship.
5 Quick Facts About Golshifteh Farahani
- Golshifteh Farahani stands at the height of 5 feet 6½ inches (1.69 meters).
- In 2004, she won an award at the Kazan International Film Festival for her role in the film 'Ashk-e Sarma (The Tear of the Cold).'
- Her movie About Elly (2009) had received a Silver Bear award in Berlin and the Best Narrative Feature at Tribeca.
- She has over 7.4 million followers on Instagram and over 200 thousand followers on Twitter.
- Now, Golshifteh has been working on her upcoming movie Out of the Fire—the movie based on an Indian businessman recruiting a legionnaire to find his kidnapped son, is directed by Sam Hargrave, and is in the post-production stage, as of January 2020.