English actor Pip Torrens is best known for his portrayal of Tommy Lascelles in the Netflix series 'The Crown.' He has also played other notable roles in The Danish Girl (2015), The Iron Lady (2011), Dorian Gray (2009), War Horse (2011), Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), and few more.
Bio / Age
The British native was born in Bromley, the United Kingdom, on 2 June 1960. He has two brothers Chris Torrens, a risk analyst, and Jon Torrens in his family. He attended the Bloxham School in Oxfordshire, and for college, he studied English Literature at Trinity College, Cambridge. In addition to that, he also studied acting for a year at Drama Studio London (DSL) from 1981 to 1982.
Pip is a married man and also the father of his daughters. However, being a private person without any social media account, Pip keeps his wife and daughter's detail away from the public eye.
Movies & TV Shows
Pip Torrens first began his job as an understudy in Judy Mitchell's play about Guy Burgess, a Soviet spy. Later, in 1984, he landed on his first role in the British sports comedy-drama movie 'Oxford Blues,' as Ian. Thereafter, he was seen playing the role of Thomas in the film Lady Jane in 1986. After his movie debut, he also acted in many television series including 'The Lenny Henry Show (1987),' Theatre Night (1989),' The Nightmare Years (1989),' 'Chimera (1991),' 'Performance (1991),' 'Van der Valk (1992),' 'Maigret (1993),' Hamish Macbeth (1995),' and 'Tales from the Crypt (1996).'
Another Actor You May Know: Jason Cermak Bio Reveals Age, Married Status, Movies & More
Eventually, after the TV shows, he was again lined up with movies including Incognito (1997), Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), Rogue Trader (1999), To End All Wars (2001), Revelation (2001), The Mystic Masseur (2001), All the Queen's Men (2001), Pride & Prejudice (2005), and Darkest Hour (2017).
Pip Torrens on his movie Darkest Hour (Photo: de.tunes.zone)
In 2017, Pip got another big opportunity to starred in 33 episodes on American television series Preachers.
As of 2020, Pip is working on his video game The Dark Pictures: Little Hop as voice actor The Curator.
Interesting Facts Of Pip Torrens
- Pip secured €48000 from his education authority, which helped him to get enrolled at DSL.
- He is not active in a social media account.
- His brother Jon, during his school, was good at writing, speaking, and art, but was very poor at academic.
- In his TV show Preacher, Pip played the powerful spooky-eyed supervillain, who was the scared executioner for a secret organization.
- During his school, Pip played the character of a leading lady Gloria Beaumont twice.
- He has endorsed and appeared in commercials for Toyota and Frist Direct online bank.
- Pip stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 meters).