Alberto Ammann is an Argentine actor, who is most famous for his portrayal of Juan, the prison guard, in the Spanish film Cell 211 (2009). His performance in the movie won him several prestigious awards, including a Goya (Spanish Academy Award) and a Spanish SAG Award.
In addition to that, he has acted in several notable movies and TV shows as well—his movie credits are Lope (2010), Eva (2011), Invader (2012), Thesis on a Homicide (2013), Combustion (2013), and Oliver's Deal (2015). Likewise, his TV show credits include Mars (2016-2018), Apaches (2015-2017), and Narcos (2015-2017).
Bio: Age, Family
Alberto Ammann was born on 20 October 1978 in Córdoba, Córdoba, Argentina. However, he and his parents immediately moved to live in Spain in his birth year itself—they moved to Spain in 1978 to escape Argentina's military dictatorship. But in 1982, Alberto and his parents returned to their native land Argentina.
Another Talented Actor: Is Harry Treadaway Married? His Bio, Wife, Girlfriend, Gay
Alberto’s father, Luis Alberto Ammann, is a journalist, politician, and writer while his mother is Nelida Rey.
Dating Life, Girlfriend
Alberto Ammann is currently dating Spanish actress Clara Mendez-Leite.
Alberto Ammann and his girlfriend, Clara Mendez-Leite on 15 September 2018 (Photo: Clara Mendez-Leite's Instagram)
The couple is usually seen attending various functions and ceremonies together—last year on 11 March 2019, they made their presence together at the 28th Union de Actores awards photocall at Circo Price in Madrid, Spain.
Role In The Series Narcos
Alberto Ammann plays Pacho Herrera in Netflix’s biography crime-drama series Narcos. His character, Pacho, is a Colombian drug lord and high-ranking member of the Cali cartel. He is also a rare gay character in the Narcos show. Additionally, he appeared as series regular in the second and third seasons while he was only a recurring character in the first season.
Game of Thrones' Actor: Who Is Pedro Pascal Girlfriend? Facts On Gay, Movies, Net Worth
Moreover, the series Narcos is based on the investigation of the criminal activities of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar, as well as the many other drug smugglers who tormented the country through the years.
Quick Facts About Alberto Ammann
- Alberto played the real-life character of Lope de Vega (the Spanish poet and dramatist of late 16th and early 17th-century) in the Spanish and Brazilian-produced film Lope in 2010.
- His girlfriend, Clara Mendez-Leite, first posted a picture with him attending the inauguration of the international festival of Gijón—the photo was posted on Instagram on 22 November 2014.
- His girlfriend wished him birthday via Instagram on 20 October 2018 by writing, “the man who fills my life with love.”
- He studied acting at the prestigious Juan Carlos Corazza Acting Studio with Guillermo Iani and Jolie Lobois in Argentina. Later, he also visited Spain to continue his further acting studies.
- He enjoys a fan following of over 50 thousand followers on his Instagram handle.
- As of January 2020, he is working on his upcoming Spanish movie named “El año de la Furia”—the film is in its post-production stage and is set to release in 2020.