British-born American film and TV actor Jovan Adepo is best known for his acting role as Michael Murphy in the HBO television series The Leftovers (2015) and as Cory Maxson in the Denzel Washington directed film Fences (2016).
Besides that, he has played in several other movies and series, including When They See Us (2019), Overlord (2018), Sorry for Your Loss (2018), Mother! (2017), and so on.
While speaking about his upcoming works, he has a drama film named The Violent Heart lined up for release; he will be seen playing the lead role.
His Bio: Age, Education & Height
Jovan is a very tall and lanky man with a height of 5 feet 10 ½ inches (1.79 meters).
Interesting: PIX11 Jennifer Bisram Bio, Age, Husband, Net Worth
The birthday of 1988 born actor, is on the 6th of September. He is 31 years of age, as of 2019.
Jovan Adepo flaunts his tall height (Photo: PR Photos)
For his education, he studied at the Bowie State University in Maryland and earned his Bachelor’s degree in philosophy and political science.
Know His Parents, Nationality And Ethnicity
Actor Jovan Adepo was born in Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire, to his father, James Melvin Bland, and mother, Adelola Omowunmi (Adepo). But he was raised in Waldorf, Maryland, the United States, which makes him American by nationality.
Moreover, he even embraces a mixed ethnicity as his parents come from two different ethnic backgrounds: his father is an African-American from Chattanooga, Tennessee, whereas his mother is of Nigerian ancestry and hails from London.
Wanted To Be A Writer
While growing up, Jovan Adepo was inspired to be a writer who also led him to relocate from Maryland to Los Angeles in 2011.
Actor-Writer: Quinta Brunson Bio, Dating, Family, Net Worth
But when he started attending acting classes so that he could appear in commercials and earn a few for living, he eventually ended up enjoying acting. He then decided to take his career forward as an actor.
8 Quick Facts About Jovan Adepo
- Jovan was nominated for the Black Reel Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor and the same Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor for his work in movie Fences.
- He appeared in the role of ‘Emmanuel Salim’ in an episode of NCIS: Los Angeles in 2016.
- He enjoys watching football and follows the Chelsea and Oxford United football clubs.
- His late grandfather Patrick Fatai Adepo was a public official of West Africa who served under former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo.
- His surname, Adepo, comes from the Nigerian Yoruba language.
- His first acting assignment was from Disney Channel, where he worked in ‘K.C. Undercover’ (2015), with American actress Zendaya Coleman.
- He starred alongside star artists like Denzel Washington and Viola Davis in his debut movie Fences.
- He played the role of Marcus in the action political thriller web television series Jack Ryan in 2019.