Derek Blasberg is a prominent American journalist, writer, and television personality who has worked with almost all famous magazines such as Harper’s Bazaar, Vanity Fair, and Vogue.
Apart from working for magazines, he has worked as the host of CNN International’s CNN Style and in 2018. He has also been the head of fashion and beauty partnership at YouTuber about which he posted on his Instagram, which has 961K followers.
Bio & Age
Derek Blasberg stands at a height of 6 feet (1.82meters) and has a bodyweight of 78 Kgs (171.96Ibs).
He was born as a son of Bill and Carol Blasberg on 22 April 1982 in St. Louis, Missouri. He has a brother named Christopher Blasberg.
Another Journalist Born In The 1800s: What Is Toya Washington's Age? Married With Husband & Family - Complete Bio
As for his education, Derek attended Affton High School. Later, for his further education, he enrolled at New York University, henceforth, graduating with a dual bachelor's degree in Dramatic Literature and Journalism in 2004.
Is Derek Blasberg Dating?
Derek Blasberg is openly gay and is dating his longtime partner Nick Brown, a managing partner at Imaginary.
Derek Blasberg poses with his boyfriend Nick Brown on the launch of Youtube.com/Fashion on 11 September 2019 (Photo: Nick Brown's Instagram)
The pair met in 2014. His boyfriend is a venture capitalist with whom he moved in together in 2016 in New York.
Interesting Facts About Derek Blasberg
- Derek’s birth sign is Taurus.
- He was born with the real name Derek Charles Blasberg
- Derek made his first theatrical appearance in Ocean’s 8 as himself in 2018, but his role was uncredited.
- He made his first TV show in America’s Next Top Model as himself in 2010.
- He worked for an Elite Model Management, where he used to write bios for models during his college days.
- He also worked for W magazine during his junior year in college.
- After the completion of his college, he started to work full time for Vogue, where he initially worked during his senior year at the college.
- Derek was fired from Vogue for his ill behavior with his colleagues. He was also linked with a tabloid due to an affair with a Proenza Schouler designer that embraces Vogue.
- He started the Blas Blog, a column that he used to write for Style.com, where he worked as the Editor at Large from 2006 to 2010.
- Derek also co-wrote many New York City editions of the Louis Vuitton Travel Guides.
- He published his first book in April 2010 titled Classy: Exceptional Advice for the Extremely Modern Lady. The book remained on The New York Times bestsellers list for many weeks.
- In 2014, he worked at Gagosian Gallery.
- Derek is also a supporter of the LGBT community and feels every day is a Pride day.