Annie Yu is a talented news anchor who has been active in the journalism field for over 15 years now.
She started her career as a fill-in reporter and news assignment editor at WTTG Fox 5 News in the year 2004.
While working there, she covered various events, which includes the 9/11 Pentagon Memorial Dedication, U.S. Presidential Elections, Gubernatorial races, D.C. Mayoral Race in 2010, and Presidential Inaugurations for Barack Obama & Donald Trump.
Currently, Annie has been working for the WUSA 9 News at Washington D.C. Metro Area since October 2018 as an anchor of the ‘Wake Up Washington’ and the ‘Get Up DC’ show that telecasts from 4:25 a.m. to 7 a.m.
Annie Yu’s Bio: Age, Education
The birthday of 1983-born Annie Yu is on the 26th of October, and she is currently 36 years old.
She was initially born in Seoul, South Korea, but she later moved to the D.C. region at the age of three, and since then, she has been living there.
Furthermore, the talented news anchor Annie holds a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Communication and Journalism from George Mason University, graduating in the year 2004.
Her Family Details
The family life of Annie Yu is surrounded by her parents and sisters.
But Annie, as an active social media person, timely posts pictures of her family members, which also provides some useful information to her fans.
In a similar context, Annie shared that her parents had gotten married on 19th May 1979.
Likewise, while speaking about her sister, Annie revealed that her sister is professionally involved in the banking and finance sector in May 2018.
Annie’s Married Life, Daughter
Annie Yu propels a married life, where the other significant parts of her life are her husband and her daughter.
Annie Yu and her husband Donal Kim attends an event in 2014 (Photo: Bisnow.com)
Her husband, Donal Kim, is a software engineer and a project lead for the Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA) IV&V team.
Interesting To Read: Samantha Mohr Married, Husband, Children, Bio, Family, Salary
Moreover, the two are blessed with Avalise, their six year-old-daughter, who often appears on Annie’s social media posts with her cute looks.
Quick Facts About Annie Yu
- Born in Seoul, Annie is fluent in speaking the Korean language.
- She worked at Fox 5 News for six years as a news anchor and reporter till October 2018.
- She enjoys spending time and going to sunny destinations with her family and friends.
- She was once an ambassador of the Washington Redskins Cheerleaders organization for two consecutive seasons.
- She has won a prestigious Edward R. Murrow Award for co-hosting a web show called "The Red Zone."
- She has also hosted a weekly Sunday morning show called "Redskins Game Time" for multiple football seasons.