Jade McCarthy is a multiple Sports Emmy Award holder American sportscaster. She is now working as an on-air host opening drive and a sports Boston commentator for NBC Sports Boston from 2018 to date.
Besides her career in NBC, she served as a TV anchor for SportsCenter on ESPN from September 2012 to April 2017. But in April 2017, she along with 100 other employees had to let go of ESPN due to the company's restructuring efforts.
Before working for ESPN, she also worked for other networks like WGGB-TV, WAFF, and WCAU
Jade McCarthy stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (1.67 meters) and weighs 58 Kgs (127.86Ibs).
She was born on 20 July 1980 in Newton, Massachusetts, United States but she grew up near Boston. She has a sister named Sheila McCarthy. Jade attended Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts, from where she graduated with a degree in political science in 2002.
Jade McCarthy’s Personal Life: Husband, Children
Jade is married to her long-time boyfriend Gordon Stead. The couple together welcomed their first son named Mac Aron in October 2011. 4 years later, the couple again welcomed their second son named Finn in August 2015. Moreover, 2 years later, the couple were again blessed with their third child, a daughter named Gigi Brinley Jade.
Jade McCarthy with her husband and three kids on 25 December 2019 (Photo: Jade McCarthy's Instagram)
Before tying the wedding knot, Jade and Jim dated for three years from 2005 to 2008. On 9 October 2008, Jim proposed to her along Boathouse Row after which the couple went off to celebrate with her family.
Interesting Facts On Jade McCarthy
- Jade is a great tattoo enthusiast as she has inked her left foot with an image of a sea-horse.
- Her birth sign is Cancer.
- She has done endorsement for a brand called Peloton.
- Jade was fond of horses during her early days. So she rode them continuously until she reached the age of 10.
- She is also a passionate reader.
- Jade is a religious person who follows Christianity. In 2017 when she lost a job at ESPN she along with her family rode to the Valley Community Baptist Church to regain hope. The event highlighted her strong faith in Jesus Christ.
- Jade and her husband move to Philadelphia in 2011 after the birth of their elder son.
- She greatly respects NFL player C.J. Anderson because of his relentless can-do attitude. She often talks about him with her kids and wants them to have a positive attitude like his.
- She starts every summer by taking a road trip which includes hiking and trekking along with her husband.