Having spent almost all his career as a sports writer and being successful at it was what made Tim Cowlishaw famous but little did he realize he had some tough decisions to make in life to reach where he is now. Everyone has their ups and downs in their lives, and for Tim, his drinking habit almost cost him his life.
Tim Cowlishaw is one of the regular panelists at ESPN talk show Around the Horn and a sportswriter for The Dallas Morning News. Tim was at one time a lead reporter for ESPN2 racing show NASCAR Now. Currently, he is co-hosting Dennis & Cowlishaw on KESN with Steve Dennis.
Is Tim Cowlishaw Married?
Though he got married and had two children, one a daughter and another a son; the information is scant regarding the news about his wife. His wife’s name is Lori Cowlishaw, but he is currently separated from his wife as the recent Twitter feed show. It says from the Twitter post he had tweeted which makes it apparent he is presently not with his wife and says,
“If I had a wife, I'd do it too.”
Though he is separated from his wife, Tim loves his children nevertheless and is a doting father. Tim makes sure his children get a good education and never fails to congratulate on their successful graduation from schools and colleges. His another tweet shows this which was posted on 14 May 2014,
“My daughter graduates from Mizzou this weekend, so is it safe to say I'm happy for Bill Self he got Andrew Wiggins?”
Tim Cowlishaw During One of the Functions at ESPN with a colleague, Tony Reali on 31 January 2014 in New York City. (Photo Credit: Zimbio)
His struggle with his drinking had him ultimately pen his autobiography and which was appropriately titled ‘Drunk On Sports.’ Though not a self-help book for readers it gives some accounts of his struggle with alcoholism and how eventually he kicked the habit for good.
The book also tries to show the two sides of his life—his career and his personal life. He is happy that the very habit that nearly killed him is finally behind him and wants to start a new chapter in life.
Brief Bio of Tim Cowlishaw:
Tim Cowlishaw, who was born on 21 March 1955, is an American sportswriter and a TV personality. He did his higher studies from the University of Texas at Austin.
Tim has gained recognition for his work as he was declared one of the top five sports columnists in America with significant circulation daily newspapers in 2002. It was announced by none other than Associated Press Sports Editors. Being one of the most familiar faces in sports journalism his earnings and his net worth is among the highest in his field which comes to millions of dollars.
Five Fast Facts About Tim Cowlishaw
- Brought up in Dallas, Tim Cowlishaw graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in communications.
- Tim has been the lead sports columnist for The Dallas Morning News since 1998.
- His numerous writing awards including being named by Associated Press Sports Editors as one of the top five sports columnists in the nation among large-circulation daily newspapers in 2002.
- Before he became a columnist, he covered the Dallas Cowboys as a beat writer for five years and the Dallas Stars for three years in addition to covering college football and major league baseball.
- He covered Oklahoma University football for The Daily Oklahoman and the San Francisco Giants for the San Jose Mercury News before joining the Morning News staff.
- Most recently, Tim Cowlishaw celebrated his 20th anniversary as a columnist with The Dallas Morning News.