Serita Jakes is an American author, public speaker, and visionary social activist.
She serves at The Potter's House as the executive director of women's and children's affairs. There, she conducts various nationally and internationally acclaimed programs for women's growth and empowerment; the programs include "God's Leading Ladies Life Enrichment Program," "Distinctively Debs Youth Program," and "Starting Over."
Wiki: Birthday, Education
Serita Jakes was born on 19 August 1955 in Dallas, Texas. She studied theatre and mass communications for her education. Her birth sign is Leo.
Married To TD Jakes- Wedding
Serita Jakes is married to the religious leader and pastor T.D. Jakes.
The couple dated for a few years and maintained a long-distance relationship, too, as T.D Jakes was usually traveling to perform his pastoral duties. Regardless of that, they, finally, tied knots on 29 May 1982.
Serita Jakes and her husband T.D. Jakes on 29 May 2019 (Photo: T.D. Jakes' Instagram)
Their wedding ceremony was held in the presence of over 600 guests at Smithers, West Virginia—70 miles away from Beckley, where Serita lived then.
Personal Life Details: Are Tom Bateman & Daisy Ridley Married? Updated Relationship Status
After their wedding, the pair, together, formed the legendary 30,000-member Dallas-based church, The Potter's House, in 1996, and the Christian preparatory school, Clay Academy, in 1998. Along with that, Serita and her spouse have also established many other organizations through which they serve poor and needy peoples.
Serita Jakes's first marriage is something she wouldn't like to recall, as her ex-husband was abusive towards her.
When Serita and T.D. Jakes met for the first time at her church during a revival around the late '70s, she was already divorced and was seeking the right partner to settle down; much like T.D. Jakes, who was also ideally aged to settle down.
Serita Jakes and her hubby T.D. Jakes are blessed with five grown-up children: two daughters, Sarah Jakes and Cora Jakes, and three sons, Jermaine Jakes, Jamar Jakes, and Thomas Jr Jakes.
Their eldest daughter, Cora, got married in the year 2011, whereas their second daughter, Sarah, is married to a Toure Roberts.
According to The Netline, Serita and T.D. Jakes also have three grandchildren already.
Serita Jakes' Books
The list of books that the writer Serita Jakes has written so far are—
- The Princess Within (1999)
- Beside Every Good Man: Loving Myself While Standing By Him (2003)
- The Crossing (2011)
- The Princess Within for Teens (2014)
Facts About T. D. Jakes' Wife Serita Jakes
- Serita Jakes’ father was a coal miner whereas her mother did random jobs.
- Her elder brother was murdered. He was shot to death at a local hangout in front of his daughters.
- She posted a picture of her and her husband, T.D. Jakes, via Instagram on the occasion of their 37th wedding anniversary on 29 May 2019.
- She has over 500 thousand followers on her Instagram handle which goes by the username @seritajakes.
- Mrs. Jakes has appeared on the television and shows like The Dr. Phil Show, CNN, Oprah’s Next Chapter, and Fox News.
- She and her husband T.D. Jakes has been together for over 37 years, as of February 2020