Some people are born to be famous. Some earn their name and fame from being a celebrity, some being an entrepreneur and some through politics. Mathew Dowd was one of the names, who came to light as an analyst and a Political Consultant. Mathew is also well known for his linkup to the ex-wife of Former California Governor.
Is Matthew John Dowd Married?
Matthew always had a bad marital relationship, since he married and divorced twice. He was first married to wife, Tammy Edgerly and was blessed with three sons. But after some time the duo separated without the reasons being disclosed in the media. He then married Nicole Baines and parted ways when one of her infant daughters died in the hospital.
Also See: Gary Carr Married, Wife, Girlfriend, Dating, Gay, Height, Parents
Since 2013, The Former Bush advisor aged 54, started dating Maria Shriver (aged 60), the ex-wife of former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Maria is a journalist, a tv producer, screenwriter and Newscaster whose net worth tends to be $100 million. Being a mother to four children and still married to husband Arnold, Maria does not hesitate in opening up her relationship with Matthew.
Matthew Dowd stepped out for a romantic stroll with girlfriend, Maria Shriver in Los Angeles (Photo: Dailymail)
Dowd has always been a straight person in his life with a lot of positive attitude and passion. He opened up about his personal life and relationships and never landed up in a kind of controversy till date. Instead, he is busy with his professional life and tends to be focused on it.
Mathew Dowd's Bio
Matthew John Dowd, an American Political Consultant, and an analyst were born to an Irish Catholic family in Detroit, Michigan. He is the third among his ten siblings, where his father was an auto executive and mother, an elementary school teacher.
Interesting: Is Jade Hassoune Gay? Family, Sexuality, Height & Complete Bio
Dowd attended his prior education in Cardinal Newman College in St Louise, Missouri where he started volunteering in different campaigns for the Republicans. Matthew faced so many ups and downs in his life as his personal life was not so engrossing.
Down Began his career as a Democrat and soon switched to Republican Party in 1999. He was appointed as a senior advisor to the Republican National Committee in 2000 elections. He was also nominated for a senior strategist for the George Bush re-election campaign 2004 and Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2006.
In late 2007, Dowd signed for the ABC's Goodmorning America as a political analyst since then he workes for the ABC. In an interview with the Frontline News, Dowd talked about Presidential Elections and their values.
He also talked about gay marriage, abortion, and the elections procedures. He stated that;
"Presidential elections are always about values in a broad sense, they are not about issues, and they are not about specifically personality."
Net Worth And Salary- How Rich Is Matthew Dowd?
Matthew is considered as one of the best advisor and political consultant of the country, and when it comes to earnings, he seems to have earned a tremendous amount of money in his life. According to sources, an average advisor makes $155k annually. However, the net worth of this analyst is still not in the limelight, but he enjoys a lavishing lifestyle.
Five Facts You Didn't Know About Matthew Dowd
- Matthew Dowd was introduced by her new girlfriend, Maria Shriver to her family at her cousin Bobby Kennedy’s Jr.’s wedding in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts. Though this was their first public appearance, the lovebirds have together since 2013.
- Currently, both of them are working in broadcasting. Dowd is an ABC political analyst and fixture on the Sunday talk shows while Maria Shriver is special.
- Matthew’s second marriage ended after his former wife gave birth to twin girls in 2002. Josephine survived, but her sister died after two months in the hospital.
- Matthew’s new girlfriend Maria and her former husband Arnold Schwarzenegger are still legally married though they have been separated since 2011. She ended her relationship with him after she came to know that her husband had an affair with their maid and had a love child with her.
- Matthew after he publicly criticized the Bush administration over its handling of gay marriage and the Iraq War, he left politics and moved to a ranch in rural Wimberly, Texas, an hour outside of Austin.