There are so many sources of entertainment and several entertainers around us. And if you are someone, who goes for movies while seeking entertainment to get freshened from the routine life, you certainly have come across Doug Walker. He is a YouTube personality, film reviewer, critic, and comedian, who entertains his audiences with his honest film reviews that are filled with humor bashings, movie knowledge. Also, he roasts those movies which he finds to be badly written, poorly scripted, and amateurishly acted.
He publishes his videos on his YouTube channel named 'Channel Awesome, ' which has over 1.1 million subscribers.
Doug is also recognized by the name “That Guy With The Glasses.”
Bio: Age, Education
Doug Walker was born on 17th November 1981 in Naples, Italy, as Douglas Darien Walker. His birth sign is Scorpio. He graduated from Northern Illinois University, majoring in communications.
Doug Walker attends Empire State Comic Conference on 7 April 2018 (Photo: Doug Walker's Instagram)
After completing his education, Doug started working as an illustrator and used to make YouTube videos for fun. Slowly and gradually, he started to gather attention from the audiences for his video series like 5-second movie versions of popular films and "Nostalgia Critic" reviews.
Family: Parents, Brother
Doug Walker was raised by his parents: father, Barney Walker (a naval officer) and mother, Sandra Polkow Walker (former opera singer and a therapist). Sadly, his mother passed away unexpectedly in her sleep on 9 September 2016.
In the family, Doug has a sibling brother, Rob Walker, who is known for co-creating and producing the comedic web series Nostalgia Critic along with brother Doug.
Doug Walker has been married to Robin Poage since 15th June 2012.
Personal Life Related: Dana Bash Wiki, Married, Husband, Divorce, Children and Net Worth
Speaking about his wife Robin, she was born on 6th November 1983 in Lombard, Illinois, USA. She occasionally makes appearances with her husband Doug in his videos.
8 Things To Know About Doug Walker
- He stands at a height of 5 feet and 10½ inches (1.79 meters).
- Doug launched a comedy web series on YouTube titled “Nostalgia Critic" in 2007. In this series, he uploaded movie review videos where he as “Nostalgia Critic” sarcastically criticized movies.
- While reviewing movies, he acts in the form of different characters so that he can entertain his viewers every time—his characters include The Nostalgia Critic, Chester A. Bum, That Guy, and Douchey Mcnitpick.
- His favorite movies are Titus (1999), Hamlet (1996), Patton (1970), Ed Wood (1994), and Fantasia (1940). Also, his favorite shows are Fawlty Towers (1975), Seinfeld (1989), Louie (2010), The Twilight Zone (1959), and Monty Python's Flying Circus (1969).
- He has both American and Italian citizenship.
- He is good friends with other creators like Lewis Lovhaug, Noah Antwiler, Lindsay Ellis, and Brad Jones.
- He also owns the YouTube channel named “That Guy With The Glasses.”