American ballet dancer Ashley Bouder is currently a principal dancer at the New York City Ballet, founded in 1948 by choreographer Lincoln Kirstein and George Balanchine.
She first began her ballet training at the Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet with Maria Dale Weary at the age of six. In 1999. she attended Summer Program at the Scool of American Ballet (SAB), the official school of New York City Ballet. After that, she was invited to continue her training during the Winter Session bu SAB.
Later in 2000, Ashley was named an apprentice with New York and also became a member of the corps de ballet. In the same year, she earned a recipient of the Mae L. Wien Award for Outstanding Promise. In 2003, she received The Janice Levin Dancer Award.
In February 2004, she was promoted to the rank of Soloist, and in January 2005, became a principal dancer.
Bio, Age & Height
Ashley Bounder was born on 10 December 1983 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. She has earned a degree in Political Science. She stands tall at the height of 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 meters).
Wedding & Children Details
Ashley Bounder with her husband Peter de Florio and daughter Violet Storm de Florio on 26 December 2019 (Photo: Ashley Bounder's Instagram)
Their wedding was held in a penthouse space on lower Fifth Avenue, and nearly 300 guests dressed in black and white were present at the wedding.
On her marriage, guests including Sharon Bush, Amy Fine Collins, Adrienne, William Ivey Long, Gianluigi Vittadini, and YAGP Board Chairman Linda Morse were present.
- On Ashley's wedding, monochrome ostrich plumes were replaced for flower arrangements.
- Ashley wished her husband on their 4th wedding anniversary on her Instagram on 1 January 2020. On a special occasion, she disclosed that she and Peter had trained it down to City Hall before cladding in trench coats and hidden behind newspapers to share the wedding vows secretly.
- Their best friend Sam and Kathleen Werner were witnesses to their marriage.
- Ashley delivered her baby daughter on 4 May 2016 at 12:40 am.
- The couple celebrated their daughter Violet's 3rd birthday on 5 May 2019.
- Ashley posted her and her daughter's picture with matching pink tutus on 6 February 2020.
- She posted her family picture on the occasion of Christmas on 26 December 2019.