Sam Heughan is a Scottish-born stage and screen actor. He is best known for playing the role of Scott Nielson on the BBC series, Doctors (2009), and also acted on stage in Outlying Islands and Hamlet.
Sam has also worked on lead roles in Starz TV series Outlander (2014-2021), A Very British Sex Scandal (2007), and A Princess for Christmas (2011).
Prior to making a professional television role, he performed in numerous plays. In 2004, he made his first professional television debut after starring in the miniseries Island at War, series about WWII.
The following year after his first role, Sam appeared in several episodes of the Scottish soap opera, River City, and also portrayed adulterous husband, Pony William, in the play, Knives in Hens, at the Tron Theatre in Glasgow, Scotland.
As of now, Sam has worked in several movies and television series such as Party Animals, Rebus, Breaking the Mould, First Light, Homeland, When the Starlight Ends, Outlander, and so on.
Sam Heughan and his girlfriend, Amy Shiels, have been dating since mid-2018.
Before burning the spark of romance in them, the duo were friends for over ten years.
And before confirming their relationship, Sam and Amy were already surrounded by rumors of them being a thing after the duo made an appearance in the movie, The Spy Who Dumped Me.
Although, during those days, the couple did not come out to the public, now, the couple does not hesitate to flaunt their relationship.
Sam Heughan's Girlfriend, Amy Shiels
Sam's girlfriend Amy Shiels is an Irish film and television actress. She is well-known for her roles in the movies Citadel, Cowboys, Veronica Guerin, Twin Peaks, and Angels, among many others.
Prior to dating Amy, Sam dated Mackenzie Mauzy on-and-off for a number of years. However, while Sam and Mauzy were in a relationship, they kept their relationship under wraps.
Sam Heughan with his ex-girlfriend Mackenzie Mauzy in September 2017 (Photo: dailymail.co.uk)
Before coming out to the public, Sam and Mauzy first spotted together in 2015 at Mauzy's 27th birthday party. In 2017, the couple officially made an appearance together.
Sadly, not long after the announcement, they broke up.
- Sam Heughan was born on 30th April 1980.
- Sam stands at the height of 6 feet 2½ inches (1.89 meters).
- He grew up in New Galloway, Dumfriesshire, Scotland, alongside his brother Cirdan.
- He attended Kells Primary School and James Gillespie's High School.
- He also enrolled at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow, graduating in 2003.
- He auditioned for Game of Thrones seven times.
- In a 2009 stage role of Plague Over England, he played a gay character.
- Sam is an on-screen married man, and his on-screen wife is Caitriona Balfe.